Y-Concept

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Review > SISLEY Skincare > Part One: Toners / Mist ( 후기 > 시슬리 > 토너 / 미스트 )

My reviews on the products are very personal, and I, myself, am not affiliated with the company producing the products. I always do my best to keep my review very neutral, yet, friendly and more focused on results after using the products rather than ingredients or benefits advertised by the company. Although this enabled me to tell whether the product's description turns out to be fool- proof or not, for various personal skin needs/issues, I cannot guarantee that the products which worked on my skin will definitely work on yours.


***Check my previous posts:
Review> LA PRAIRIE Skincare Purchase Guide!

Review> Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide! **La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley (Comparasion)**

Review > LA MER Skincare Purchase Guide!





I have been organising my beauty cabinet recently and was surprised by how much I have been relying on Sisley's basic skincare range >_< So I thought it might be a good opportunity to talk about the ones that I have been religiously using for the last 6 years or so >_< I have raved about their basic line in the previous post that I wrote. I do use other products from the Sisley skincare range, but this time, I will only talk about their toners and masks to start off with :). So this post is the first part; Sisley Toners ( To read about Part two: Sisley Face Masks, click Here) . If you are a fan of light and refreshing toners, Sisley is the way to go. By the way, I do use other toners from other brands, so I do not just use Sisley ones soley >_<.

A. Floral Spray Mist

Very fine spritz. Smells beautiful and very cooling.
The packaging looks quite cheap and not that handy to take outside.
The packaging reminds me of hair spray >_<.
Just simple facial mist for all year around. This is not a heavy duty hydrating/moisturising mist if that's the type you are looking for. Just simple refreshing cooling mist!

For all skin types.

Floral Spray Mist ( 125ML, USD 98 )

B. Phyto-Blanc Lightening Toning Lotion

To me, personally, I have gone through so many bottles of this. I have no idea whether it does indeed lighten my complexion or correct any sun spots, since I do not have major sun spot issues... so I guess it has been working?

For all skin types.

Phyto-Blanc Lightening Toning Lotion (250ML, USD125)

C. Grapefruit Toning Lotion

Although it's called Grapefruit Toning Lotion, I didn't find it to smell much like graphfruit at all. It has more of a generic fresh/summery smell.

I like to use this one during the daytime on days when my skin's a bit more oilier than usual, like during summer or when the weather is quite humid. It has a much more refreshing finish than Lightening Toner (not matte, but more of a light feel to the touch upon application). After you wipe it off it feels very natural, there isn't much of a moist feeling left over like with other toners which is why it's great for oily skin.

For oily/combo skin.

Grapefruit Toning Lotion (250ML, USD 100)

D. Lotion with Tropical Resins

This is an astringent toner, so it does contain alcohol to certain extent. I use this one when I am on my monthly, and it does seem to keep my skin from getting worse. You can even use it as a local spot treatment, but I tend soak a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face except for around my eyes and lips. It does refreshingly 'matteify' skin like after washing our face with foaming cleanser. The key point is that you do not want to do strong exfoliation before application. Otherwise, you will end up getting dry patches on certain areas over your face or sensitising your skin, which will eventually make things worse O_O.

For oily/problem skin.


Lotion with Tropical Resins (125ML, USD 90)

E. Floral Toning Lotion

Another refreshing toner from Sisley! Although it says it's for dry/sensitive skin types, I would say it's more suitable for slightly dry/sensitive and even combination/oily skin. Even though it says alcohol free, it contains witch hazel, which potentially acts like a natural astringent, so I can see why it is still a bit drying for me over colder seasons. However, I do enjoy using this to soothe my skin over summer when my skin gets more sensitised and oily. Of course, I would not recommend this to anyone if it's for sunburnt skin :P.

For dry/sensitive skin.

Floral Toning Lotion (250ML, USD 100)