Y-Concept

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review > SISLEY Skincare > Part Two: Face Masks ( 후기 > 시슬리 > 페이스 마스크 )

My reviews on the products are very personal, and I, myself, am not affiliated with the company producing the products. I always do my best to keep my review very neutral, yet, friendly and more focused on results after using the products rather than ingredients or benefits advertised by the company. Although this enabled me to tell whether the product's description turns out to be fool- proof or not, for various personal skin needs/issues, I cannot guarantee that the products which worked on my skin will definitely work on yours.


***Check my previous posts:
Review> LA PRAIRIE Skincare Purchase Guide!

Review> Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide! **La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley (Comparasion)**

Review > LA MER Skincare Purchase Guide!



This is the second part of Sisley Basic skincare review series :). To read Part One: Sisley Toners / Mist, click HereEveryone who knows about skincare is aware of the fact that Sisley makes one of the best hydrating masks. I actually wrote a post on rose ingredient based face masks, so if you like to know more about it, you can read from here

Amongst all the masks in luxury skincare brands, Sisley has been the one that I've been using religiously since 19. As the company's history shows, you can tell that they suggest different targeted treatments in their mask range for specific problems you may have with your skin. This is main reason why I keep coming back to Sisley masks, and somehow they became one of my bathroom cabinet staple products >_<. By the way, if you are interested in Sisley masks or you love using them, then you should definitely also check out the Chantecaille face mask range too. Their concept is quite similar, so if you love active botanical ingredients, you should have a look for sure :).

I personally find that Sisley masks tend to be more suitable for those with any skin type apart from oily and acne prone problematic skin types. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, so I've been fine with using Sisley masks. But when I have PMS, I have noticed that their masks don't tend to work as well as when my skin is normal O_O. So I don't use them then, since it feels like a waste of money >_<. LOL. 




Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask ($158, On Offer)





I have talked about this mask before in my previous rose face mask post, so you can go there for a more detail look :). I don't use this face mask during hot/humid seasons, even if I do, I would wash it off with cool water after 15-20min. The only times that I might leave it on would be in colder seasons, especially when I go to bed or taking a long flight (7+ hours). A tiny bit goes a long way, so it lasts for ages. Normally one tube lasts me for about a year or so.


Sisley Express Flower Gel ( $136, On Offer )




I've also talked about this in detail in my previous rose face mask post. I adore the refreshing light gel texture of this mask :). It spreads well, so again, one tube lasts me for very long time!


Sisley Eye Contour Mask ( $140, On Offer )



In a thick gel cream texture, it glides onto the under eye area effortlessly. You only need to use a tiny bit to get the effect. I've been using this for years, but I cannot really tell you much about their claims other than deep hydration. I even use this on my sensitive lips, and it works beautifully. To me, there has been no WOW effect other than simple basic approach. I just pop this onto my under eye areas and onto my lips, then I just lightly tissue off in about 10min before putting my eye cream on. So I use this more like an eye serum. And I like to keep this in the fridge over summer, and just pop on in the morning to depuff my eyes. I would recommend this product if you are looking for something simple, but clearly I have seen better products on the market >_<.


Sisley Facial Mask with Linden Blossom ( $119, On Offer )



This was the very first Sisley mask I used, and I've been in love with it ever since! When your skin feels sore or looks stressed/tired, just put this on all over your face including under eye areas and even lips. It instantly comforts and soothes your skin, and the effect still lasts brilliantly even after wash off! I use it all year round, even after sunbathing. Excellent for sensitive/dry skin! I highly recommend :).


Sisley Creamy Mask with Tropical Resins ( $119, On Offer )



This is a very gentle yet effective purifying mask. I remember when I first used this when I was a teen, I almost couldn't believe that this mask could work so nicely in spite of its comforting creamy texture. No irritation at all! I am not sure about the pore minimising claim, but it does help my pores not to get enlarged further. I use this mask for preventing future breakouts, rather than treating any spots. I have found that it generally keeps my skin looking healthy :). 


Sisley Phyto-Blanc Ultra Lightening Mask ( $125, On Offer )




I've gone through so many tubes of this mask since I spent a third of my life in Australia. Compared to my friends, it is clear that this mask has done a great job on my skin, even my dermatologist couldn't believe how little sun spots I have ( Yaaaaay! :D ). I wouldn't say it's a magic in a tube, but I can say if you use it regularly along with the right targeted skincare regime, then you will be able to even out your complexion and prevent any future discolouration. I even use this mask during my PMS, and it somehow seems to manage my dull looking skin, which is excellent :). If you want to see the full effect, I recommend you use a spot corrector and/or a brightening serum along with this mask! 


 Sisley Radiant Glow Express Mask ( $124, On Offer )



I like to use this mask especially during summer and winter. When your skin needs a gentle treat, this deep cleansing mask is perfect! It doesn't strip oil away like most deep cleansing masks on the market and it doesn't leave your skin feeling very uncomfortable or dry. Thanks to its soothing properties, I have even been using this after intensive treatments at my dermatologist. So if you are looking for a deep cleansing mask that is very gentle, yet calming, try this one! :)





I hope this post was helpful for your Sisley mask purchase :). I found that several retailers have offers going at the moment, here are some links to them :).



1. GWP + Complementary Samples at Sisley-Paris


* Floral Toning Lotion (30ml), Lyslait (30ml), Black Rose Cream Mask (10ml), All Day All Year (10ml), Sisleya Radiance Anti-Aging Concentrate (3ml), Instant Perfect (5ml), Soir de Lune Sample, Skinleya (20 Soft Rose) Sample plus D-Tox and Sisleyouth samples



2. GWP at Neiman Marcus



3. GWP + Complementary Samples at Nordstrom