Y-Concept

Thursday, October 2, 2014

When KARL LAGERFELD meets Barbie!


I don't know Karl Lagerfeld in person ( sadly :'( ), 
but I do admire and appreciate all the work he has done to bring fashion to 
not just Chanel, but the world. Indeed, I love his own unique style in particular. 

So, being a Barbie collector, I was very much looking forward to 
this year's Karl Lagerfeld Barbie doll! You really have no idea how much 
I've been waiting for this to happen!! >_<



And guess what... it's literally all sold out... so... I couldn't get one...
which is very sad indeed...
This is why it took me a few days to recover and come up with the big decision to talk
about how depressed I am in this post T_T...


I tell you what, 
the sadder thing is that people who were lucky enough to get the dolls are selling them 
on Ebay for ridiculous prices.. I mean, Karl Lagerfeld by himself is priceless. 

What bothers me the most is that if they didn't want to keep the doll, 
either as a Karl mania or a Barbie collector, they shouldn't have bought them... 
Making money out of Karl Lagerfeld's fame is fine, it's understandable.. 
but they shouldn't have taken away a life time opportunity for all Karl mania 
and Barbie collectors this way... We all know that they are limited edition 
so the company only produces a limited quantity.

Well.. at least I have Mon Shu Girl holiday collection that I purchased in 2012.. T_T
It's better than nothing, hey >_<
Perhaps I should make a post about the collection when I'm done organising and 
unpacking my place! XD
Hope all of you are having a wonderful week!

xx